17.4.12

Dancing after having a baby

I realized I didn't share my story about starting to dance after having a baby. My mid wife told me I could start dancing after 6 weeks of having my baby. I waited a little bit more. The reality is that even if you wish that much doing something all your mother instincts are stronger than that. And there is no way in the world you want to be apart from your baby, I even react in a bad way when someone wants to hold my baby without permission. The bond between mother and baby is sacred. Its like you and your baby are one. You'll see that if you feel sad your baby will cry more, even have tummy aches. After reading  a book Ive learnt the best thing to do is talk with your baby, tell him or him why you feel sad, or whatever happens. Tell your baby " I will go for an hour to dance, and I will come back and be the rest of the day with you" things like that relief your baby and yourself.

I use a baby wrap so I have my daughter all day with me. I need her as much as she needs me. Being so close all day gives me the push to leave her with my mother the hour the class lasts. It is hard, but it's worth it. After my class I feel refreshed and even if I'm a little bit tired I feel mentally more rested to take care of my newborn and my 3 year son.

No comments: